We don’t have complicated layers of complaints handling teams. All our customer ambassadors are trained to think energy so you don’t have to, which means we aim to handle your questions or concerns the first time, every time. 

1. Tell us what’s happened.

If you haven’t already done so please contact Your Orbit Energy Team, through our contact us page. An email is the best method, as you’ll then have a record of your communication.

Though we aim to get things sorted first time, some things can be complicated and take a little longer.  If you weren’t happy with how we handled things, please email and explain your concern. We’ll review your case as a priority, speak to the member of Your Orbit Energy Team who handled your initial query and try to resolve everything as quickly as possible.

Is there an issue with your boiler care? Please send an email to

2. Escalate your issue to our CEO.

If you’re not happy with our response to your query, the next step is to contact our CEO at

Please include your contact details and address. Then, explain what’s happened and add any background information, in particular any communications regarding the issue. 

Gail will look into the case and do all she can to solve the problem. If a solution still can’t be reached, Gail will write to you explaining our position – this is known as a ‘deadlock letter’.

3. Contact Citizens Advice

It’s easy to get free, independent advice about your energy supply. You might want to get a better deal, find out how to make a complaint, get advice about the quality of your electricity or gas supply, or ask for help if you’re struggling to pay your bills.

Visit, contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 0405 06 or download their Consumer Checklist.

4. Refer to an independent mediator.

If you do not wish to accept the solution in our CEO’s deadlock letter, or the issue hasn’t been resolved in eight weeks, you can refer your case to the Energy Ombudsman. You can call them on 0330 440 1624, go through their website or write to them at Ombudsman Service: 3300 Daresbury Park, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4HA. The Energy Ombudsman offers a free and independent service.

They’ll look at your concerns and our actions with the aim of finding a resolution. If they find that we haven’t met our obligations they’ll tell us how to put things right, which could involve an explanation, apology or even financial compensation.