We don’t have complicated layers of process. All our Customer Ambassadors are trained to think energy, which means we aim to handle your questions or concerns first time, every time.
However, there may be occasions where we fall short of your expectations and when this happens, we are committed to investigating any issue, resolving your concerns and restoring your confidence in us.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3
Share your complaint with us
We'll try to fix it
Find a solution, together
1. Once we know of your complaint, we'll do everything we can to solve the problem within five business days
2. Sometimes it may take a little longer to fix it. For example if we need to obtain information from another supplier or speak to a sales representative. We'll keep you updated every step of the way so you know what we're doing to progress your complaint
3. We will work together to find a solution, however if we aren't able to resolve things within eight weeks, you can contact the Energy Ombudsman for help
Tell us what’s happened
If we’ve got something wrong, we want to know about it so we can put it right. You can contact us with a complaint by:
Contact Citizens Advice
It’s easy to get free, independent advice about your energy supply. You might want to find out how to make a complaint, get advice about the quality of your electricity or gas supply, or ask for help if you’re struggling to pay your bills.
Refer to an independent mediator
If you do not wish to accept the solution or the issue hasn’t been resolved in eight weeks, you can refer your case to the Energy Ombudsman. You can contact them 0330 440 1624, go through their website. The Energy Ombudsman offers a free and independent service.
They’ll look at your concerns and our actions with the aim of finding a resolution. If they find that we haven’t met our obligations they’ll tell us how to put things right, which could involve an explanation, apology or even financial compensation.
Our performance so far.
We always keep track of how many complaints we receive, so we can get better at what we do. We share this information with the energy regulator, Ofgem, every few months.
This helps us think energy, so you don't have to.
|Quarter||Complaints received||Received per 10,000 customers||Complaints resolved||Resolved per 10,000 customers||Resolved the same or next working day||Resolved in 8 weeks||Time to resolve|
|Q1 2020||698||79||698||79||45%||100%||22 days|
|Q2 2020||1489||154||1456||151||49%||99%||10 days|
Common reasons for a customer contacting us to raise a complaint included:
- - Having trouble with their energy switch (for example, issues with their current supplier)
- - Their bills using estimated meter readings
- - Concerns about smart meters
- - Not fully understanding what to expect when switching suppliers, either directly, or through a third-party we use
We're using this feedback to make some improvements to how we do things, including:
- - Improving our onboarding process to make the customer journey clearer
- - Emphasising how important meter readings are
- - Making it clearer to customers what they can expect from us when it comes to smart meters